Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Glorious Unfolding

Today was another memorable day in our journey for Titus.  My mom's neighborhood hosted a craft and vendor fair and I decided to give it a try with my Etsy trees.  Mom has just arrived home from Egypt and had some handicrafts to add to our table as well.  Even aside from making sales in an event like this, I was excited to simply spread the word about adoption.  I worked hard all week to increase my inventory of trees to sell on the spot.  I woke up today unsure of what to expect, whether all our work would be worth the effort or not.

I got the car loaded to take over to the clubhouse and started the engine and immediately my favorite "Titus song" began playing on the radio.  It makes me cry every single time.  If you're looking for a good cry today, think of my boy, far away in China, abandoned at three days old, a host of health issues, constant change in caregivers, malnourished, without unconditional love, and about to pass his third birthday without his parents.  Now listen to this song... (get your tissues)

Starting my day at the craft fair with that song made me feel like God was going to do something big.  And he did!

I had barely set up my booth and we were still an hour from opening to the public before I had my first sale!
When it was all said and done, I made a little over $200 toward Titus' adoption expenses!  But the blessings didn't end there.  I made many contacts and had several people interested in ordering trees online once they thought through what they want it to say and which options they want.  I enjoyed great conversations with shoppers and other vendors, and was given a generous donation by the vendor whose space was next to mine.

The greatest blessing in all of it was the opportunity to raise awareness about adoption.  I was able to speak with a few couples who have been considering adoption for some time and had questions about how to go about it.  I dispelled some myths and misconceptions about adoption, and most importantly, I got to share WHY we were compelled to adopt Titus, and how God has already worked miracles to bring him into our family.

Please be praying with me that the seeds sewn today will bear good fruit.



There are many blessings unfolding during this season of our waiting.  Some days are just plain hard and my heart aches and I have tears in my eyes all day because my boy's homecoming feels so far away.  Some days there isn't anything I can do but wait.  Days like today are springs of water in the desert to carry me through.  Each day that passes is another day my son spends in an orphanage, but it is also one day closer to the day he comes home!

And now the icing on the cake....

Remember the family I told you about that live just a few miles from me, whose daughter was in Titus' orphanage?  I'm going to the airport TONIGHT to welcome them home from China!  Another wonderful reminder that we do not labor in vain.  Our son will come home and one day many of you will be welcoming us home with a new little US citizen!  Thank you for journeying along side us.  Please be in prayer for our friends as they adjust to their new family life and explore their daughter's medical, emotional, and developmental needs.  And stayed tuned to our blog in the coming weeks for more of this GLORIOUS UNFOLDING!  We have some big things coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment