Thursday, August 14, 2014

God Knits with a Red Thread

An ancient Chinese proverb says "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances.  The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."

We had a "Red Thread" experience tonight that I'm thrilled will become a part of Titus' story and, I pray, his childhood experience.

A few weeks ago, I saw a post from another member of a facebook group for families adopting or who have adopted from Titus' orphanage.  This is an amazing group of moms (and some dads) who share photos, prayers, encouragement, and knowledge as we are all in different steps of the process and many have their children home.  My new friend, Angela, posted a link to her blog and I saw that her family lives in Arizona.  I sent her a message and... can you believe it?!?!.....  We live in the SAME CITY!


I can't really bother to get my head around the numbers that would make up a statistic for the likelihood of this happening.  What I do know is that God is in the process of knitting together the support systems that will carry both our families through the difficulties and joys of our adoptions and adjustments. (Perhaps he knits with a red thread?)  I am thrilled that we have connected with each other, and as our 5 children played together after dinner tonight I daydreamed to the day when all 7 of our children are here together - 5 who have grown up in Arizona, 2 who began their stories in the same city, SAME ORPHANAGE, half the world away.  Many families travel across states to hold "reunions" with families who share some sort of pre-adoption connection to their children.  We will need only to travel a few miles, and just might even bump into each other on accident!  T and C are not in the same room of the orphanage and we have no idea whether their paths ever cross now (I doubt it) but even so, it is more of a connection than many adoptees have in their childhood.

I was so blessed by how well our families got along and even as they were walking out the door tonight Angela and I found another point of commonality, another way to lend support and encouragement!

Please join me in praying for the final stages of their adoption as they travel in approximately 8-10 weeks!  I cannot wait to see their daughter HOME and in their arms.

Can you tell the kids got along?







No comments:

Post a Comment